We all love indulging in the traditional treats of the holiday season. However, for many of our favorite goodies can be a bit troublesome to make. Fortunately, it’s simple to whip up some great sweets with a couple kitchen staples and a few tricks. Here are five easy holiday desserts with just two ingredients per recipe:
Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
Almost everyone enjoys a nice slice of chocolate cake. You can easily make a chocolaty dessert to cap off your holiday meal.
- Just combine a box of chocolate cake mix with a can of pumpkin puree.
- Once a thick batter forms, pour the mixture in a loaf pan and bake according to the package instructions.
When it’s done, you’ll have a moist, tasty cake that provides a punch of chocolate flavor along with subtle notes of pumpkin.
Miniature Fruit Pies
If you’d like to offer fun handheld treats at your holiday party, consider preparing a batch of miniature pies. All you need is some refrigerated pastry dough and a jar of your favorite flavor of jam or preserves.
- Roll out your crust and cut several small circles using a round cookie cutter or lid.
- Next, put a spoonful of jam on half of your dough disks. Top each one with another piece of pie crust and cinch the edges together slightly.
- Place your mini pies on a baking sheet and bake them at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.
When they come out of the oven, you’ll have cute mini pies that are golden brown and bursting with fruity goodness.
Creamy Mint Mousse
Peppermint is a flavor that’s often associated with the holidays. This light and fluffy mint mousse will be a refreshing finish for your Christmas feast.
- Start with a pint of minty ice cream. You can use white peppermint ice cream with candy cane bits or green mint with chocolate chips. Either one is sure to look festive at your holiday celebration.
- Let the ice cream soften slightly before stirring in a tub of whipped topping. It’s as easy as that!
- Place large dollops into beautiful glasses and serve your elegant dessert.
This simple mousse will likely become a holiday staple in your household.
When the weather outside is frightful, your guests might want something warm and filling. This scrumptious bread pudding will certainly hit the spot.
- Begin by tearing a loaf of bread into jagged chunks and placing the bits in a large pan. You can use any kind of bread you like, but the dish will turn out better if your loaf is a little stale.
- Next, melt a pint of vanilla ice cream and pour it over the bread pieces.
- Pop everything in the oven and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes.
With just two ingredients, you can make a custardy creation that everyone will love.
Fudge is a rich and creamy confection that fits perfectly on any holiday dessert table. However, most old-fashioned recipes contain a long list of ingredients. Plus, the traditional method of boiling on the stove can be a lot of work. Skip all the hassle with this easy version.
- Simply melt a bag of chocolate chips in the microwave and stir in a can of chocolate frosting.
- Once everything is combined, spread the mixture in a pan and let it harden.
That’s all there is to it. In just a few hours, your family will be celebrating the season with a sweet treat. This two-ingredient fudge comes together so easily, it’s almost like magic!
Making fantastic goodies for the holidays doesn’t have to be difficult. Any of the ideas on this list will help you create a delicious dessert with just two ingredients. Give one or all of these simple recipes a try to cut down on your seasonal stress. You can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your holiday guests this year!